Dear queens, If you have ever wondered what self love is and about, wonder no more. These journal prompts for self love will give you a deep and clear picture of what self love is and how to practice it.
A couple of years ago, I wrote a blog post asking if the idea of self love is a delusional concept and it garnered some traffic from Pinterest back then and still does. Self love isn’t a delusional concept I dare say and I guarantee that by the time you finish reading this, you will understand why you need to practice self love and be a much better version of yourself.
So yes, these journal prompts for self love are what you need to begin to learn to love yourself more.
What Is Self Love?
Table Of Contents
Psychology Today says “Self-love is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth”.
Self love is as simple as having great beliefs and regards for yourself, putting yourself first and not being a people pleaser. It is taking care of your needs. Self love is setting healthy boundaries, and not settling for less than you deserve at any given time in life.
Manifesting, positive self-talk, positive self love affirmations are all forms and ways you can love yourself and become a guru in self love.
In essence, self love means trusting and having faith in yourself and capabilities, setting healthy boundaries, putting yourself first, learning to practice positive self talk and doing away with negative self talk, learning to not been too hard on yourself when you make mistakes but rather learning from them, staying true to yourself and being good to yourself.
From Psychology Today’s definition of self love, you see that it encompasses our physical, psychological and spiritual growth. It is everything and one of the ways to practice self love is by using journal prompts and these journal prompts for self love are a great place to begin loving yourself.
Why Is Self Love Important?
This isn’t far-fetched by any stretch. Here are a few reasons why self love is very important.
1. Self love is important for our personal development.
2. Self love will help you prioritize yourself.
3. It is important for your mental health and well being.
4. Practicing self love will help you make better and healthier decisions that will be great for your overall well being.
5. Self love is the foundation of self care, self confidence and self esteem.
6. Self love will help you develop emotional resilience.
7. Practicing self love can help you to better manage anxiety and depression.
8. It will help you to be more productive in every area of your life.
9. It will greatly improve your relationships.
10. Self love will help set goals you and achieve them.
11. It will help you effectively manage and reduce stress
12. Love for yourself will inspire people around you to be more aware of themselves and learn to practice self love because you will be a source of inspiration from practicing self love.
Journal Prompts For Self Love
So now that we know what self love is and why it is important for our physical, psychological and spiritual growth, let’s delve right into journal prompts for self love to help you learn to love yourself better.
Journal prompts are basically words, prompts and ideas to help you write out, often in a journal, your feelings, emotions and ideas about just about every aspect of your life.
Journaling literally ‘centers” you and gives you clarity where it is needed. Journal prompts are bound to steer you in the right and these journal prompts for self love will definitely steer you in the direction of self love as they should.
Here are some journal prompts for self love. Choose the journal prompts that resonates with you most and start writing. If you don’t have any journal yet, you can easily get these affordable journals below from Amazon.
journal prompts for self love that you can use in practicing self love and build self confidence and self esteem to become a better version of yourself.
2. What do you love most about yourself?
3. What are the 3 best features you love about your body?
4. What are the most important goals you want to achieve this year?
5. What are the strengths you possess?
6. What are some of the bad habits you indulge in and are willing/working to do away with?
7. What are some of your weaknesses you’d like to work on?
8. What are your talents?
9. Name 3 flaws you have and accept about yourself.
10. Name some character traits you possess and love about yourself.
11. Describe yourself in a positive way using powerful words.
12. Write what you think is unique about you.
13. What do you struggle most with when it comes to loving yourself?
14. What do you do when you are upset?
15. What are those things that make you happy?
16. Write a letter to your younger self.
17. List some healthy boundaries you would like to set for yourself.
18. What are the things you love doing?
19. Write about some self care practices you’d like to start.
20. Write about some self care items you have wanted and would like to get.
Self Love Journal Prompt
21. What mindset growth do you think you need to love yourself more?
22. What do you admire about a mentor and would like to also possess?
23. What are some of the self limiting beliefs that are stopping you from loving yourself?
24. Write about compliments given to you that has impacted your life positively.
25. What are some things you can do that will make you love yourself more?
26. Write a love letter to yourself.
27. In what ways have you grown that has made you proud of yourself?
28. What negative self talks are you indulging in?
29. Make a list of some positive affirmations that resonates with you
30. Write down a bucket list of things you would like to do
31. Make a list of 5 habits you’d like to change.
32. Write down some hobbies you would like to try
33. What are the things you love most about your life?
34. What are the things you believe are holding you back from truly loving yourself?
35. What can you do about the things holding you back?
36. Write about an achievement that made you really proud of yourself
37. Make a list of some self care routines you’d like to start
38. Write a list of the things you love about your career
39. Make a list of the things you would like to do more frequently for yourself
40. Make a list of the things you are good at doing.
Journal Prompts For Self Love and Healing
41. What is your biggest insecurity?
42. Who do you believe in most and why do you?
43. Have you ever had a life changing moment? Write about it.
44. What skill do you possess that you and people love?
45. How would you describe yourself to a friend?
46. What is the biggest life lesson you have learned?
47. How and what do you feel about your body image?
48. Describe the changes you would want to see in your life in the next five, ten years.
49. What is your bravest moment? Describe it and how it felt.
50. How do you cheer yourself up when you feel low and down?
51. What is keeping you from living your dream life?
52. Describe your ideal soulmate
53. In what ways are friends, relationships, family and current career path limiting you from achieving your potential?
54. What do you do to make yourself happy?
55. How do you manage your emotions?
56. Make a list of 10 simple things that make you happy.
57. What would you tell yourself now considering the things you have been through?
Self Love Journals
Ready to start your journaling into self love and looking for self love journals to help begin the process? Amazon and Dominee has got you covered. Here are some Amazon favorite self love journals curated just for you.
Dominee is one of favorite Self love and self care guru and they have an array of self love journals, self love worksheets and bundles to help you begin your journey using journal prompts for self love.
So here are some of my favorites. I reckon they’d be your favorites too in no time!
Conclusion On Journal Prompts For Self Love
Dear queen, if you find yourself indulging in negative self talk, then it is time to ditch all those self loathing and start loving yourself with these powerful journal prompts for self love. I know traumas can have debilitating effects on us but we can also heal from them if we are open and willing to overcome.
These journal prompts for self love have helped me a lot and also helped a lot of people. It is time to heal. It is time to love yourself more, prioritize you and be a better version of yourself.
Use these journaling prompts for self love and your future self will thank you later. Don’t forget to share with friends and family on social media! Spread these journal prompts for self love!