As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 Life Lessons Learned That Will Give You A Growth Mindset
Table Of Contents
The 10 life lessons learned you need to learn NOW. What are the life lessons?
Success in life requires that we learn some life lessons. Without life lessons. we wouldn’t improve because we are not learning anything.
So today, I will be sharing 10 life lessons you need to learn now. 10 life lessons we all need to learn.
Hello family! I missed you all! Sincere apologies for not “being in touch” for the past month. I was on a much-needed vacation and I literally “shut down” the internet. I was only armed with my phone and camera which were all for selfies and pictures generally for my vacation. More on the vacation in later blog posts so you see what I was up to!
Last year ended two days ago! For me, on a low and high note. I lost my maternal grandmother. She was old though. 94 years but some regrets there because we were not as close as we were when I was younger. I guess this happens in life. On the high note, I got a much desired “thing” just before the year ended. More reveals on that later!
The previous year was fraught with a lot of challenges. Positive and negative. I decided to let some friends go. I also had to let go of someone who was a big part of my life for years. There comes a point in time you have to look deeply, evaluate and reevaluate the relationships you keep…
There were moments I thought and felt I couldn’t go on but eventually pulled through. There were euphoric moments I wanted to last forever but didn’t. I learned new things, went to new places I never been to. I started my blog again after letting it “fallow” for too long. All in all, 2017 was a year filled with both high and low moments but ended on a good footing.
I did learn a lot of life lessons last year just like you and the most important ones for me include the following:
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: FAMILY IS NOT ALWAYS BLOOD. Yes. Family is not always blood. You come across people from a totally different sphere of life who end up being a big part of your life and playing roles that even members of your family do not. I met people who stood by me and helped me a great deal in 2017 most notably Jon Page. Thank you, Jon Jon, for your help! Papi, I see you too. You are the best! Pere, I do love you. Judith, God bless you. Mark, I am still counting on you! Eloy, the end could also mean another beginning! I think this is one of the greatest life lessons!
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: TIME SURELY AND TRULY, IS A HEALER. Did you ever feel at one point or other this past year that you cannot go on as a result of challenges that you were going through? Then you look back and realized you have healed? April 2017, I had to make a decision which totally demoralized me. I was inconsolable, I questioned many things. I was depressed. Fell sick for over a month but I pulled through. Now I look back and I am glad I am in a better place.
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS JUDGE YOU. They don’t understand your journey. They don’t know shit about you but they will always judge you. A friend made a snide remark about my “single” status. Some babes will make you feel you are the bad one and that’s why you are not married yet. Duhhhh! People will always make comments or say things about what they don’t understand. Of course, we all are entitled to our own opinions but it doesn’t mean you should opine on things you don’t have all the facts about. You know what, I learned that your worth as a human and a woman is not dependent on anyone’s opinion of you!
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: WHAT YOU FEED YOUR MIND IS IMPORTANT. What you feed your mind today will become “You” tomorrow. Good or bad. Positive or negative. This is why you have to be careful about what you feed your mind. I started reading and writing at an early age and it is no wonder I have a blog today and hoping to have my first book launch sometime in 2018 (new year resolution anyone?). I have also had to think about negative things which never yield anything good! Feeding your mind with positive and good things is of paramount importance! Lesson learned? The person you will be in the future is based on “EVERYTHING YOU DO TODAY”. So choose wisely!
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE. Wonders! The best things in life are free. I know you want to ask if I didn’t know this before now! Of course, I did. But we humans always have a way of complicating things ourselves. I realized during my vacation that there’s nothing as soothing to the body and mind as a “scenic” scenery. The gift of nature is priceless but we do not understand it. Because we do not understand it, we do not appreciate it and since we don’t appreciate it, it poses no benefit for us. The sad thing, it is free. Absofreakinglutely free! Traipsing through snow in the deep suburbs of Aberdeen, looking at all the white “trees” was cathartic, sitting down and looking at the greenery or climbing the hill to visit the Prime Meridian (reference line for the Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT)) at the Greenwich Park during my recent trip to Scotland and England respectively was like a healing balm! Next time, you feel down? Walk through a park, soak in the scenery and feel anxiety slowly drain away…
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: GIVING IS A BIG PART OF LIFE. Life is a two-way street. Give and Take. It is a balance. The natural order of things. Even the good book, the Bible says, give and it shall be given unto you. Giving should be a big part of your life. It is not only rewarding (spiritually and physically), it gives your life purpose and meaning. If you are the type of person that only takes and takes and never gives, you are missing on the other half and part of life which is the best part. I try to give. It has now become a part of me and I want to even do more. Giving is not all about money, friends! Find a worthy cause to be part of. Community service, giving to the orphanage, free lectures at a local school where you live, signing up with the Red Cross, etc are all forms of giving. You have money to throw around? Good! Give to a worthy cause!
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. I have been fighting weight gain for the past two years. Losing weight, gaining it back. Going on crash diets, fad diets, crazy diets, keto diets you name it. I did all last year but I kept gaining back lost weight and I realized that most of the time, eating healthy is difficult, primarily due to work pressures. I set a workout routine/meal prep regimen which is then truncated by work pressures either traveling from one city to another. But I also do realize that these are excuses! When you eat healthily, you are healthy. You eat junk, you pile up weight and health problems. So eating healthy is definitely very important if you want to live a healthy life.
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: HE INTERNET IS THE NEW MONEY SPINNER! A lot of people have become overnight millionaires. Whilst some of the stories out there are bogus claims, a lot of them are true and have made millions of dollars from the power of the internet. I heard about Anik Singal in 2017 and I must say I was and still impressed about what he has been able to achieve using the power of the internet. Terms like Affiliate Marketing, Digital Marketing are all synonymous with him. You want a way to make money online (genuinely please), then you might want to follow Anik Singal on Facebook! 2018, here we come! This is another life lesson you need to learn now because the money is on the internet. Want financial freedom? Then harness the power of the internet!
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: MISTAKES ARE A PART OF LIFE: Ultimately, we are humans and not perfect. We make mistakes. In the decisions we make, the choices we make. In our everyday living but when we make mistakes, we need to realize it is part of life and part of our growth in life. In 2017, I made wrong calls, made mistakes that I wasted time berating myself on instead of just learning from them and moving on. Life is too short to be angry at yourself for being human. So you made a couple of mistakes last year? Big deal! You have over 300 days in 2018 to reset and refresh the start button. Learn from your mistakes like these my friends and move on.
- LIFE LESSONS LEARNED: LOVE IS MORE: I love, love but love is one word that is bandied around by people from every walk of life casually, without meaning and purpose. Love is not just saying “I love you”. Love is more. Love is in the little things you do. For your partner, friends, family, and even strangers. Love is giving. Love is not stingy. It is giving, all and above. Love is not sex. It is more. Love is not money. It is more than money. It is a genuine gift of heart, body, and soul to another person or cause. You cannot say you love someone and then check on them once in a blue moon. You cannot love and not be a giver. You cannot love and not love a person with his/her flaws, completely. Someone told me he wants a wife with a masters degree. Now, this is a personal preference but what happens when he gets a wife with a masters degree and they are not compatible? Love supersedes degrees and titles. It is more. You deserve to be loved. More and properly in 2018 and beyond! This is another great life lesson if you ask me!
Inspirational Life Lessons Learned
So this is a round of the life lessons learned, we all should learn
- Family isn’t always blood
- Time is a healer. Give it time
- People will always judge you. However, that is their opinion! Own your truth
- What you feed your mind is important so FEED IT POSITIVELY
- The best things in life are free. Appreciate them.
- Giving is a big part of life. Give freely and often!
- You are what you eat. You know what to do!
- The internet is the new money spinner
- Mistakes are a part of life
- Love is More!
If you are looking to empower yourself, I suggest you check out this free eBook. You will thank me later.
Conclusion: Life Lessons Learned
Queens, these 10 life lessons learned are guaranteed to change one’s mindset! I don’t know about you but these lessons have changed my outlook about life and they are helping me live each day with the knowledge that Life Is A Beautiful Chaos that is worth living and I hope they will be doing the same and more for you as you learn and live these life lessons! Meanwhile, there are tons of Life Lesson Quotes out there. These 12 life lesson quotes that will change your thinking and life! will you help you start this self growth journey using these inspirational life lessons learned and life quotes. Don’t forget to share on social media with friends and family and chat me up in the comment section!
You all know I love to hear from you right? What are the valuable life lessons you have learned? Let’s share and learn so we get things better now and for our lifetime!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.