Dear queens, self-love affirmations and/or affirmations for self-love are definitely your go-to solutions for improving everyday living and life generally.
When I graduated from the university and couldn’t get a job for several years, I hated my life and hated myself even more.Affirmations For Self Love To Build Self Esteem Click To Tweet
Things were tough. My family was down financially after my dad mismanaged his retirement fund.
Nothing I did, worked out. Nothing.
As if those were not enough for one person, the man whom I thought I would marry, literally dumped me. After being lovey dovey.
No, it wasn’t my fault, you all! LOL. He later apologized for doing that.
If those were not enough for someone’s self-esteem to take a bashing, I don’t know what will.
The result was that I hated myself. I hated my life. There was nothing like positive affirmations and definitely not self-love affirmations
Those years still give me the chills when I remember them but I am quick to remember how far I have come and how great things are now.
What Does Affirmations Mean?
Table Of Contents
- What Does Affirmations Mean?
- How To Use Affirmations: How To Practice These Self-Love Affirmations.
- Self Love Affirmations
- Powerful Self Love Affirmations
- Conclusion: Self Love Affirmations
I believe self-love is one of the things that we find very difficult to practice because, for one, a lot of us think the idea of self-love is a delusional concept.
We are so prone to negative self-talk and feeling like failures because just a tiny part of our lives aren’t working as we want while ”conveniently” forgetting all the other good parts of our lives.
So we berate ourselves.
Magnify our perceived shortcomings.
Believe that everyone else is better than us.
We just have bad luck. Bad luck is synonymous with us alone.
Then our self-esteem takes a serious beating.
We withdraw into ourselves and shells and then trigger mental illnesses
Isn’t all that a sad loop?
If you answered yes, then it means self-love is important!
Here are some reasons why self-love is important.
- It is a gift that keeps giving. When you love yourself, you come into realization of the power you wield and how it can benefit your life.
- It makes you receive love and respect from others. Self-love shines through and people are able to recognize that. The result is they give love as well as respect back.
- You need self-love to set healthy boundaries in your relationships be it platonic or otherwise.
- Self-love is a love magnet and it will actually motivate you to make better choices in life. Imagine a negative you making choices and decisions about important things and the version of you that understands and practices self-love.
- Self love allows you to fill the gaps that may have been left open by external sources of love. You are not dating anyone, you are perhaps an orphan or have a toxic family. Self-love helps fill those gaps.
I was able to overcome self-hate and negative self-talk after having a long talk with myself after a job interview incident back in 2006.
A friend told me then, ”Jennifer, you are intelligent. You have everything you need to succeed and the fact that you don’t have a job yet does not negate the abilities and gifts you are blessed with”
My family also pitched in especially my mom. She is one superwoman. Been through a lot but her resilience is something else. Not all that educated but has a business acumen that has made her the envy of her peers.
I know everyone may not have this kind of support system but sitting down and having a long talk with yourself is the beginning of the trip to self-love.
Now here are some questions you should ask yourself.
- Why do I avoid gatherings even if it is for fun activities?
- Why am I sad about my body image?
- Why is it that I avoid wearing some certain types of clothes?
- Why do I prefer staying indoors even though I would have preferred going out?
- Why am I avoiding hands of friendship extended to me?
- Why am I always all covered up even during summer?
- Why do I avoid looking at the mirror?
- Why have I hidden all my pics?
- Why do I avoid questions about myself?
- Why do I shy from having conversations with people?
If you asked yourself any of these questions, it means you are prone to negative self-talk and need to start practicing self-love affirmations.
So, what do affirmations mean? They are power mantras, positive sayings that you use to empower and affirm yourself. Affirmations will help you build your self-confidence and self-esteem.
They will help you on your Personal Development and Self Improvement journey.
How To Use Affirmations: How To Practice These Self-Love Affirmations.
Affirmations are power mantras and when you repeat them to yourself on a daily basis, they build your self-esteem and self-confidence.
It is not enough just reading them. Daily positive affirmations have to be a way of life for you. You have to ”live them”.
That is how they become YOU because the magic is in YOU.
The trick is avoiding negative affirmations. It is a bad day, not a bad life.
Here are some tips on how to practice daily affirmationsHow to practice daily positive affirmations Click To Tweet
1. Use The Power Of The Mirror.
I think we all underutilize our mirrors just like we underutilize our mobile devices.
We leave our mirrors only when we want to look at the pimples and acne breaking out on our skin or just to look at the clothes we are wearing.
Our mirrors have ”hidden powers”. It is high time we start using them for self-improvement and personal development.
Now here is how to use your mirror to practice self-love affirmations.
Write every positive affirmation that ”negates” every negative self-talk in your head. Head on to your mirror and start saying them to yourselves in the front of the mirror.
Be confident. Look at yourself boldly. Imagine you are talking to the universe and elements. Convey to them this is your new truth and belief.
2. Use The Power Of Pin Ups
Write out all the self-love affirmations on beautiful (yes, because you are beautiful and awesome) pin-ups and have them pinned on where your eyes likely ”hit” on waking up.
You can have them pinned or posted in front of your refrigerator.
On you vision boards
Or even frame them and have them on your console, hallways, bedroom, and home office!
3. Involve Family & Friends For Self Love Affirmations.
There is always that one friend and family member who believes in you and your abilities even though you don’t see them yourself.
Get them to say some daily self-love affirmations to you and vice versa.
Practice with them often and you will soon start seeing the power of affirmations, manifest in your life.
5. Repeat and Commit!
Like every good habit, it takes practice and consistency to start seeing results.
Repeat daily affirmations to yourself. Say 5 times every day or 3 times or the heck, 20 times if that is what it takes to convince you that the magic is in you.
And then of course you have to commit.
Commit and commit.
Commitment and consistency with daily affirmations will have you doing away with negative self-talk and practicing self-love in no time!
Since we have covered how to practice affirmations, let’s head on to self-love affirmations to help you on this incredible journey to building great self esteem and self confidence!
Self Love Affirmations
- I AM ENOUGH
- I AM WORTHY OF LOVE
- I AM BEAUTIFUL
- I BELIEVE IN MY CAPABILITIES
- I AM WORTHY OF MY DREAMS
- I DO NOT NEED VALIDATION FROM ANYONE
- I AM MORE THAN MY BODY
- I BELIEVE IN MYSELF
- I AM TALENTED
- I AM BRAVE, BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL
- I AM PROUD OF MYSELF
- I LET GO OF NEGATIVE SELF TALK
- I ACCEPT MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY
- I ACKNOWLEDGE MY SELF WORTH
- I LOVE THE PERSON I AM BECOMING
More Self Love Affirmations
- I CHOOSE MYSELF
- I HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE
- MY IMPERFECTIONS MAKE ME UNIQUE AND SPECIAL
- I DESERVE GOOD THINGS
- I WILL SUCCEED
- I AM IN CONTROL OF MY THOUGHTS, FEELINGS AND CHOICES
Powerful Self Love Affirmations
Here are more self love affirmations to empower you and help you build self confidence in yourself and also help you fall in love with yourself.
- I AM SOLID
- THE MAGIC IS IN ME
- I AM MORE THAN I THINK
- I INHALE AND EXHALE LOVE
- I AM LOVE PERSONIFIED
- I ACCEPT MYSELF EXACTLY AS I AM NOW
- I ACCEPT MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY.
- MY DREAMS ARE VALID
- I ACCEPT LOVE FROM MYSELF
- I AM AT PEACE WITH WHERE I AM
- I EMBRACE WHO I AM.
- I AM PERFECT .
- I AM SIGNIFICANT
- I LOVE MYSELF FIRST
- I AM CREATING MY OWN LOVE
- I AM WHOLE
- I AM CONSTANTLY GROWING, EVOLVING AND BECOMING MY BEST SELF
Pin for later
Conclusion: Self Love Affirmations
Like I earlier said, affirmations are powerful mantras. Use them every day! These daily positive Self Love Affirmations or Affirmations for Self Love (whichever way you choose to call them is fine!) will help you on the journey to loving yourself. Remember, self-love cannot be over-emphasized. Start your self-love journey today! Affirm your life, achieve your life’s goals with these powerful positive affirmations for self-love. If you love these affirmations for self-love, kindly share them on social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Tumbler, Twitter, etc) with friends.