Dear Queens, If you suffer from low self esteem arising from having a “body type” you think is not acceptable by society, then you need to read this article about quotes on body positivity. If any of these quotes on body positivity resonates with you, write it out on a paper, print it, stick it on the front of your journal.
You see, body shaming is now so much a regular “fixture” in society that it is now a yardstick women use in measuring their body types and body images. It is ruining our lives and even more so, the lives of the younger generation of young women who are constantly on the internet (social media) viewing videos and pictures of what society terms “the ideal body”.
This has led to women losing confidence in themselves, having low self esteem and in extreme cases becoming anti social, suffering depression and anxiety because they do not believe they have great bodies.
Studies has shown that a whooping 60% of women experience negative self critical thoughts on a weekly basis and thoughts about their “body image” is part of those negative self critical thoughts.
Girl, you are more than your body!
Quotes On Body Positivity
Learning self acceptance and self love is important to love yourself and body. If you are struggling with issues of body image, these body positivity quotes will help you accept and fall in love with yourself
So are you ready for a body image revolution? If you are, free yourself from body image struggles, start living your life now using these quotes on body positivity to gain freedom.
Here are 37 amazing and powerful quotes on body positivity to pull you out of that “funk” in your head.
Yes, these quotes on body positivity are that powerful.
1. “It is doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matter is what you see”Gabourey Sidibe
You all know Gabourey of the Empire series. You need to follow her to read about her inspiring story. She fully embraced her body and loved herself for herself enought to make it better and not because of what society perceives about her.
2. “Each individual woman’s body demands to be accepted on its own terms.”Gloria Steinem
You know, quotes on body positivity are just so powerful. Especially those by celebrities who have suffered body shaming but were able to live above it and embrace their bodies and body positivity in all its glory. This one by Gloria Steinam isn’t any less! Your body needs to be accepted on its own terms.
This is food for thought, darling.
3. “We’ve forgotten what a regular body looks like. There are people out there who are struggling, and I’m struggling, and it’s okay to come to terms with realizing it’s going to be a bit of a journey.”Chrissy Teigen
She’s a model. I mean Chrissy Teigen. Now, you are wondering why a model would have quotes on body positivity? Afterall, you’d think she has a body that is “acceptable and deemed perfect by society”. It tells you everyone of us struggle at one time or the other.
4. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.”Melissa McCarthy
It is about being CONTENT! Read that again, Queen!
5. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.”Emma Watson
Your beauty is not about what you look like! Your beauty is a sum total of everything that has to do with you. You are more than your looks, more than your body type.
6. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”Serena Williams
You are one of a kind. Different and unique.
7. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does — even the people that I consider flawless — then you can start to live with the way you are.”Taylor Swift
Another body positivity quotes that shows we all struggle with body issues even those you have convinced yourself have perfect and flawless bodies.
8. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself, ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.”Ashley Graham
What do you tell yourself? It matters a lot. This is a great life lesson, not only about body positivity but also about every facet in life. What do you tell yourself?
9. “Don’t waste so much time thinking about how much you weigh. There is no more mind-numbing, boring, idiotic, self-destructive diversion from the fun of living.”Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep is one Hollywood icon I am crazy about. Mamamiya anyone? Are you having sleepless nights about how much you weigh? It is mind numbing, idiotic and a self destructive diversion that will remove the fun from living and life itself. As a matter of fact, it will make you weigh more!
10. “You have to stand up and say, ‘There’s nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you’re the one with the problem!”Jennifer Lopez
When you get body shamed, all you have to do is let them know there is nothing wrong with your body.
11. “People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.”Salma Hayek
Salma Hayek nailed this one on the head! One of the most powerful quotes on body positivity out there. Dear Queen, you are the beholder. Let that sink in!
12. “How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin — that’s what really makes you beautiful.”Bobbi Brown
Girl, how you feel about yourself should matter more than how you look. That is what makes you really beautiful. Start feeling good yourself and you’ll embrace yourself and body more.
Here are some more quotes on body positivity.
13. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.”Selena Gomez
This body positivity quote reiterates the previous quote. At the end of the day, it is what you have inside that is more beautiful. Those gifts, the loving heart, beautiful soul are more important than your looks.
14. “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.”Sandra Bullock
Sandra Bullock has a “crooked” nose and I remember reading that there was a time she was so conscious of it that it affected her. Negatively of course but as you can see, she has made peace with the things she thought were her flaws and has come to like them.
Embrace you. The crooked nose, the big ears, thick thighs. Embrace them.
See thinking your body isn’t that great? I am sure these other quotes for body positivity will help you cross that last hurdle that is preventing you from embracing your body!
15. “Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.”Oprah Winfrey
Be kinder to yourself, Queen. And others as well. Say goodbye to those negative self critical thoughts.
16. “Be happy in your own skin. If you are unhealthy, start by making small changes to become healthier. You are unique, beautiful, and worthy.”Octavia Spencer
I like that celebrities do not hide behind their glamorous lifestyles and tell us lies. The first step to embracing body image and practicing body positivity is being happy in your own skin. If you think you are unhealthy, start making small healthy changes that will make you healthier. If you know Octavia Spencer, then you will know this her truth.
17. “You define beauty yourself. Society doesn’t define your beauty.”Lady Gaga
I have always been about standing for women and will always compliment a woman but I have always told myself that I am the most beautiful woman.
18. “You all can judge my body all you want, but at the end of the day it’s MY body. I love it and I’m comfortable in my own skin.”Simone Biles
Now, that is an “attitude” to have and carry about your body! It is your body!
19. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”Michelle Obama
Who better to talk about quotes on body positivity than a former First Lady? If you don’t understand why she is talking about body positivity, you should definitely get her book
20. “I’m pretty comfortable with my body. I’m imperfect. The imperfections are there. People are going to see them, but I take the view you only live once.”Kate Hudson
The message is clear. Embrace all the imperfections. They are what make you, YOU.
21. “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?”Meghan Markle
Loving others is okay. Use the same energy and love yourself too.
22. “You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself.”Geneen Roth
The other day, I shared a graphic on my Facebook Page and personal profile on affirmations to overcome self doubt I got lots of messages from people about how they were inspired. This body positivity quote reminded of me of the graphic because of the affirmation is akin to “You are not a mistake”.
Repeat that to yourself every day.
23. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”Thich Nhat Hanh
Self acceptance, Queen. Accept yourself. You need to. Do so with these beautiful quotes on body positivity.
24. “If we make self-love or body acceptance conditional, the truth is, we will never be happy with ourselves. The reality is that our bodies are constantly changing, and they will never remain exactly the same. If we base our self-worth on something as ever-changing as our bodies, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame.”Chrissy King
Are you making self love or body acceptance conditional? That if you don’t look a “certain way” you can’t love yourself? We are women and our bodies constantly change but basing your entire self worth on that alone, will make life miserable.
Why not embrace those changes instead?
25. “So the question is, which boulder are you going to choose to roll? The ‘must lose weight’ boulder or the ‘fuck you I will boldly, defiantly accept the body I’ve got and LIVE IN IT’ boulder?”Kate Harding
I say hop on the ” fuck you I will boldly, defiantly accept the body I’ve got and LIVE IN IT’’ boulder!
26. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.”Megan Jayne Crabb
You all know how unlearning a poor/bad habit is like right? Why put yourself through that ”hell” when you can easily embrace your body?
Let’s see yet more inspiring quotes on body positivity from more powerful women!
27. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.”Ashley Asti
Would you rather wait till you are 80 to reminisce about how your “youthful body” was like?
28. “I say I love myself, and they’re like, ‘oh my gosh’, she’s so brave. She’s so political. For what? All I said is ‘I love myself, bitch!’”Lizzo
Like Lizzo here on this body positivity quote, say and mean it. I love myself.
29. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.”Eve Ensler
Trust me on this one, darling. Your body isn’t broken. It is fine the way it is.
30. “Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.”Tess Munster
That scale you stand on every day isn’t your entire life. Your life is much more beautiful.
31. “As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to my daughter because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.”Kate Winslett
What is more powerful than this? Embracing yourself and body and letting your daughters and every female around you love your body and help them love theirs too? If you ask me, I’d say that these sort of quotes on body positivity that seek to embrace and educate not only one but other women is the greatest and most important of body positivity.
32. “No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.”Robert Holden
This body postivity quote hit me hard the most! What is the use of all the Self Improvement if you cannot accept yourself? Girl, think about it!
33. “Most important, in order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.”Portia de Rossi
Love yourself for the totality of who you are and not what you like. If you look at yourself in the mirror every day and you sum up your life on how you look like, then you need to have a rethink darling. You need to have some of these quotes on body positivity on that mirror!
34. “You look how you look. Be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s Just dumb.”Jennifer Lawerence
Just embrace yourself. Your body will love you for it.
35. “Loving your body is about being comfortable in your body, and only you get to set the parameters of that. Only you get to decide what that looks like, and only you know where the finish line is. Never let anyone make you feel ashamed about what you decide, or don’t decide, to put on your body.”Brittany Gibbons
Like everything about life, the decision lies with you. The decision to embrace your body and love it lies with you. If you decide that you are not going to encumbered by society’s dictates about the ideal body type but rather define your own idea of what beauty is, is the day you stop letting anyone body shame you into hating your body.
36. “I make a promise to myself to start appreciating what my body CAN do and stop focusing on what it can’t. I promise to stop analyzing every angle and every curve and every pound and every meal. I’m going to keep staying the path because it is a journey and as long as I’m always working towards my goals, one day I’ll reach them.”Carrie Underwood
I personally have discovered that the obsessive need to measure every calorie, weigh ourselves and all that brouhaha, actually makes you miserable especially on those days you fall off the “pedestal of perfection” that you created by yourself. As long as you are working towards achieving any body goals you have set, embrace the body you are in. It will make your life more easier and help you love yourself more.
37. “The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free.”Brittany Josephina
I think it is absolutely beautiful and fitting to conclude these quotes on body positivity with this powerful one from Brittany Josephina. The day you decide YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU IS THE DAY YOU SELF YOURSELF FREE.
There you have it, Queens. 37 powerful and inspiring quotes on body positivity to help you embrace your body and love it!
Conclusion: Quotes On Body Positivity
These quotes on body positivity will help embrace your body, build self esteem and boost your self esteem.
The magic to self acceptance and self love is in you. It is in embracing yourself in all its totality. Flaws and all. Making a choice to love your body lies with you and you alone. If any of these body positivity quotes resonate with you, write them on your journal, make a print, stick on your mirror, your fridge or wherever you can stick it to remind you that you are fabulous and your body is fabulous.
Don’t forget to share on social media and encourage every woman out there to practice body positivity and embrace their bodies. Check out more inspiration and motivation on Body Positivity Board on Pinterest.
So which is your favorite quotes on body positivity? Let me know in the comment section!