Dear Queens, are you still putting self care on the back burner? If you are, here are some best self care quotes to inspire you to make self care a priority!
Self Care Quotes
If you have the energy to love, do so for yourself first, if you have the power to care, care for yourself. Considering all the judgment we make in life, non is as important as the judgment we pass on ourselves.
Caring about yourself is not being selfish, loving yourself is not being selfish. Show yourself maximum care, love, and attention than others do.
This is what is referred to as self-care. To enable you to achieve this, we have gathered several self-care quotes, to inspire you.
Self-care is an important tool to help our physical and mental health stay healthy. We are often disturbed about the negative happenstances that surround us, and you can help yourself stay healthy by feeding on these self care quotes.
Considering the present situation of today’s world, it may be quite hard to find peace and comfort around us, or from others, the best we can do is to show ourselves, the best care and love we ever deserve.
It is imperative for you to ensure that you give maximum care to your physical and mental health, self care could be informed of taking yourself out for dinner, changing your wardrobe, and giving yourself healthy food to eat.
At the moment, nothing is more important than self-care, never feel guilty; no one deserves an apology from you for specially taking the time to treat yourself. If you need the inspiration to give yourself the maximum care you ever needed, here are self care quotes you can rely upon.
Self Care Quotes
1. “Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts”.- Brittin Oakman
2. “If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it—through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself, and the choices you make to express yourself. Tell the world you are a one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience the wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated”. – Victoria Moran
3. “Just when you feel you have no time to relax, know that this is the moment you most need to make time to relax”. – Matt Haig
4. “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head, It will get easier, your dreams are not dead”. – Nikki Rowe
5. “In fact that is why the lives of most women are so vaguely unsatisfactory. They are always doing secondary and menial things (that do not require all their gifts and ability) for others and never anything for themselves. Society and husbands praise them for it (when they get too miserable or have nervous breakdowns) though always a little perplexedly and half-heartedly and just to be consoling. The poor wives are reminded that that is just why wives are so splendid — because they are so unselfish and self-sacrificing and that is the wonderful thing about them! But inwardly women know that something is wrong. They sense that if you are always doing something for others, like a servant or nurse, and never anything for yourself, you cannot do others any good. You make them physically more comfortable. But you cannot affect them spiritually in any way at all. For to teach, encourage, cheer up, console, amuse, stimulate or advise a husband or children or friends, you have to be something yourself. “If you would shut your door against the children for an hour a day and say; ‘Mother is working on her five-act tragedy in blank verse!’ you would be surprised how they would respect you. They would probably all become playwrights” – Brenda Ueland
6. “I lied and said I was busy. I was busy; but not in a way most people understand. I was busy taking deeper breaths. I was busy silencing irrational thoughts. I was busy calming a racing heart. I was busy telling myself I am okay. Sometimes, this is my busy -and I will not apologize for it”.- Unknown author
7. “ If you want to help her, you need to help yourself first. No one serves their friends by grinding themselves into dust”. – Brittin Oakman
8. “My mother always says people should be able to take care of themselves, even if they’re rich and important”. – Frances Hodgson Burnett,
9. “Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape”.-Bell Hooks
10. “The moment you have to recruit people to put another person down, to convince someone of your value is the day you dishonor your children, your parent,s and your God. If someone doesn’t see your worth the problem is them, not people outside your relationship”. – Shannon L. Alder
11. “Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others. Anytime we can listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves but for the many others whose lives we touch”. – Brittin Oakman
12. “One of the things that strike me most though is how some people don’t realize they’re self-harming. The phrase ‘self-harm’ brings up thoughts of ‘cutting’, but that’s only a small portion of it. When you drink excessively to drown your sorrows to the point you throw up and can’t see straight and/or, like a girl at my school, ended up being driven to the hospital to have her stomach pumped, you’ve brought harm to yourself. If you take drugs to feel numb and it becomes an addiction that you can’t break, you’ve self-harmed. When you starve yourself or binge eat to fit the latest fashions, you’re pushing your body further than it can go. We need to start treating ourselves how we deserve to be treated, even if we feel that no one else does. Prove to the world you ARE worth something by treating yourself with the utmost respect and hope that other person will follow your example. And even if they don’t, at least one person in the world is treating you well: YOU”.- Carrie Hope Fletcher,
13. “The biggest enemies of willpower: temptation, self-criticism, and stress. (…) These three skills —self-awareness, self-care, and remembering what matters most— are the foundation for self-control”. – Kelly McGonigal.
14. “You always say such lovely things to me, Red. Do you say them to yourself?”- Talia Hibbert,
More Inspiring Self Care Quotes
The best recipe for disaster is neglecting yourself, there are countless reasons why self care is important to our lifestyle, ranging from boosting self-esteem to providing healing to both our mental and physical health. Etc.
It’s so unfortunate, that so many people neglect the rule of putting themselves first, in everything they do. These quotes about self care will inspire you to always put yourself at the forefront of everything you do.
Bear in mind that without self care, it will be quite hard for you to deliver your best at everything you do. However, to put aside stress-out and burnout, it’s high time to show maximum care and love to yourself.
15. Self-care quote: “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Maya Angelou
16. “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” — Audre Lorde
17. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. ” – Oscar Wilde
18. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort. ” – Deborah Day
19. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” – Unknown
20. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.”– Mandy Hale
21. Self-care quotes: “Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk—essential, life-changing, and the only way to stand tall.”– Vironika Tugaleva
22. “Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” ― Akiroq Brost
23. Self-care quotes: “Be you, love you. All ways, always.” ― Alexandra
24. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. Joybell C.
25. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
26. “My mother always says people should be able to take care of themselves, even if they’re rich and important.”― Frances Hodgson Burnett
27. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
28. Self-care quotes“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
29. “The thing that is hard, and amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen
30. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, cares enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. ” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
31. “Self-care is taking all the pressures you are facing right now, and deciding to which you will respond, and how.” ― Imani Shola
32. “You aren’t doing “nothing” when you choose to put your well-being first. This is the key to having everything.” ― Brittany Burgunder
33. Self-care is not a waste of time. Self-care makes your use of time more sustainable.” – Jackie Viramontez
Best Self Compassion Quotes To Love Yourself, Better
Inspirational No Excuse Quotes To Get More Shit Done
40 Of The World’s Greatest Quotes On Abundance To Enrich Your Life
Conclusion On Self Care Quotes
There is a high need to show yourself maximum care and love. Dust off those negative thoughts and constantly feed yourself with these self-care quotes, and watch as things change rapidly, both in your mental and emotional life.
If you love our article, why not share it with your friends who might be needing some inspiration on loving themselves.
My Pinterest Board on Self Care will inspire you even more. Check it out here.