As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yippee, June is my birth month. That is why I am sharing June Quotes! In case you didn’t know, June-born people are generous and forgiving.
That’s absolutely right!
June is the sixth month of the Gregorian calendar following May and preceding July, often abbreviated as Jun. It mostly appears in the calendar currently used in the western world, which replaced the Julian calendar and was devised to halt the vernal equinox’s slow drift earlier in the year.
According to many ancient scholars, June was said to be a month of perfection, and Jesus, the son of God that came to the world about 2,000 years ago, was also born in June though many recorded that it was December because of the weather.
June has always been a special month, and as the popular saying goes, “Legends are born in June” Jesus Christ and many scholars and geniuses were also said to be born in June.
While some also consider June as a month of luck and great things, others thought of June as a month to hasten their plans since June is the sixth month, it is the end of the first half of the year, 181 to 182 days. the traditional June Birthstone is the pearl, which also symbolizes luck, prosperity and
Here are great quotes about June to inspire you about this incredible month.
1) “June falls asleep upon her bier of flowers; In vain are dewdrops sprinkled o’er her, In vain would fond winds fan her back to life, Her hours are numbered on the floral dial.” Lucy Larcom
2) “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” Bernard Williams
3) June quotes: “There are moments, above all on June evenings when the lakes that hold our moons are sucked into the earth, and nothing is left but wine and the touch of a hand” Charles Morgan
4) “A cold in the head in June is an immoral thing” L.M. Montgomery
5) “No price is set on the lavish summer; June may be had by the poorest comer” James Russell Lowell
6) June quotes: “It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise” Mark Twain
7) “It is the month of June, The month of leaves and roses When pleasant sights salute the eyes and pleasant scents the noses” Nathaniel Parker Willis
8) “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly” Pablo Neruda
9) “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” L. M. Montgomery
10) June quotes: “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside”. Maud Hart Lovelace
11) “June is the gateway to summer” Jean Hersey
12) “In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them”. Aldo Leopold
13) “And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days”. James Russell Lowell
14) “Don’t the bright June roses blow To meet thy kiss at morning hours?” William C. Bryant
15) “On this June day, the buds in my garden are almost as enchanting as the open flowers. Things in bud bring, in the heat of a June noontide, the recollection of the loveliest days of the year, those days of May when all is suggested, nothing yet fulfilled”. Francis King
16) “All June I bound the rose in sheaves, Now, rose by rose, I strip the leaves” Robert Browning
17) “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk-in June” Jean-Paul Sartre
18) June Quotes: “It is dry, hazy June weather. We are more of the earth, farther from heaven these days”. Henry David Thoreau
19) “And since all this loveliness can not be Heaven, I know in my heart it is June.” Abba Woolson
20) “I know well that the June rains just fall” Onitsuka
21) “June will break your heart. I can see it already. She’ll shatter you into a million pieces” Marie Lu
22) “I have laughed more than daffodils and cried more than June.” Sanober Khan
23) “Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water”! Diane Duane
24) “It is June. I am tired of being brave” Anne Sexton
25) “You always feel like your 18-year-old self in some sense. And that’s what walking through New York on a June evening feels like – you feel like it’s Friday, and you’re 17 years old”.- John Darnielle
26) “At midnight, in June, I stand beneath the mystic moon.”- Edgar Allan Poe
27) “In early June, the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.” -John Steinbeck
Some Inspiring June Quotes
In the 19th century, “June” became a female-given name for a girl born in June, and it is used since then because June was considered a perfect month. Here are some June quotes to inspire you about June.
1) “Oh for boyhood’s time of June, / Crowding years in one brief moon, / When all things I heard or saw, / Me, their master, waited for” John Greenleaf Whittier
2) “Too young for love? / Ah, say not so, / While daisies bloom and tulips glow! / June soon will come with lengthened day / To practice all love learned in May.” Oliver Wendell Holmes
3) “June the month of months / Flowers and fruitage brings too, / When green trees spread shadiest boughs, / When each wild bird sings too.” Christina Rossetti
4) “The end has come, as come it must / To all things; in these sweet June days / The teacher and the scholar trust / Their parting feet to separate ways.” John Greenleaf Whittier
5) “June was not over / Though past the fall, / And the best of her roses / Had yet to blow, / When a man I know / (But shall not discover, / Since ears are dull, / And time discloses) / Turned him and said with a man’s true air, / Half sighing a smile in a yawn, as ’twere,— ‘If I tire of your June, will she greatly care?” Robert Browning
6) “How the wind howls this morn / About the end of May, / And drives June on apace / To mock the world forlorn / And the world’s joy passed away.” William Morris
7) “June comes in with roses in her / hand, but very often with a thick / shawl on her shoulders and a bad/cold in her head.” Oliver Wendell Holmes
8) “What is one to say about June—the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade?” Gertrude Jekyll
9) “Ah! how sweet to seem, love, / Drugged and half aswoon / With this luscious dream, love, / In the heart of June”. James Whitcomb Riley
10) “O month of flowerings, a month of metamorphoses, / May without cloud and June that was stabbed, / I shall never forget the lilac and the roses / Nor those whom spring has kept in its folds.” Louis Aragon
11) “There are two seasons when the leaves are in their glory, their green and perfect youth in June and this their ripe old age.” Henry David Thoreau
12) “Not till June can the grass be said to be waving in the fields. When the frogs’ dream, and the grass waves, and the buttercups toss their heads, and the heat disposes to bathe in the ponds and streams, then is summer begun.” Henry David Thoreau
Some Other Inspiring Quotes For June
The below are some exciting quotes about June.
1) “The brightest light, the light of Italy, the purest sky of Scandinavia in the month of June is only a half-light when one compares it to the light of childhood. Even the nights were blue” Eugene Ionesco
2) “June is bright with roses gay, / Harebells bloom around her feet” Dora Goodale
3) “It’s so goddamn cold it’s gonna snow until June.” Jimmy Buffett
4) “Under the snowdrift, the blossoms are sleeping, / Dreaming their dreams of sunshine and June, / Down in the hush of their quiet they’re keeping / Thrills from the throstle’s wild summer-swung tune” Harriet Prescott Spofford
5) “June is bustin’ out all over / All over the meader and the hill / Flowers bustin’ out on bushes / And the roughen river pushes / Ev’ry little wheel that wheels beside the mill / June are bustin’ out all over / The ocean is full of Jacks and Jills / With the little tail is swishing’ / Ev’ry ladyfish is wishin’ that a male would come / And grab ‘her by the gills / Because it’s June, June, June, June / Just because it’s June, June, June!” Oscar II Hammerstein
6)” I gazed upon the glorious sky / And the green mountains around, / And thought that when I came to lie / At rest within the ground, / “Twere pleasant, that in flowery June, / When brooks send up a cheerful tune, / And groves a joyous sound, / The sexton’s hand, my grave to make, / The rich, green mountain-turf should break.” William Cullen Bryant
7) “Bye June / I’m going to the moon / It better be by June / ‘Cause I’m going to the moon / So June / You’d better make it soon / I hope you make it June / ‘Cause I’m going to the moon” William Patrick Corgan
8) “In the long, sad time, when the sky was grey, / And the keen blast blew through the city drear, / When delight had fled from the night and the day, / My chill heart whispered, “June will be here!” / “June with its roses a-sway in the sun, / Its glory of green on mead and tree.” / Lo, now the sweet June-tide is nearly done, / June-tide, and never a joy for me.” Amy Levy
9) “Tell you what I like the best — / ‘Long about knee-deep in June, / ‘Bout the time strawberries melts / On the vine, — some afternoon / Like to Jes’ git out and rest, / And not work at nothing’ else!” James Whitcomb Riley
10) “Last June I saw your face three times; / Three times I touched your hand; / Now, as before, May month is o’er, / And June is in the land. / OF many Junes shall come and go, / Flow’r-footed o’er the mead; / O many Junes for me, to whom / Is the length of days decreed. / There shall be sunlight, the scent of rose; / Warm mist of summer rain; / Only this change–I shall not look / Upon your face again” Amy Levy
11) “Ten o’clock: the broken moon / Hangs not yet a half-hour high, / Yellow as a shield of brass, / In the dewy air of June, / Poised between the vaulted sky / And the ocean’s liquid glass” Emma Lazarus
Conclusion: June Quotes
I hope you’ve learned some exciting things about June, and that the quotes are as well helpful. Queens, kindly share this article with your friends if you found it interesting and useful.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.