Life is for the living! We are always so caught up with work, we never take time off for some TLC. You can't work round the clock. You shouldn't work round the clock and not get to live life. Life is lived in those moments that are awe inspiring.
Then again, there must be something you want to achieve. Somewhere you would like to be five years, ten years, twenty years from now and planning is key.
So here is another on the LIST Series. 10 things to do before you turn 50! Head on to 10 Super Interesting Cool Facts You Didn’t Know! to see the very first blog on the series. You will love it!
There are lots of things that i would love to do even before i clock 40 and then before i turn 50. Have you thought about going on a cruise? Just you and boo. You know. Or perhaps go see one of those exotic islands in Punta Cana (i bet you don't know where that is!), go scuba diving, climb Mount Everest, start a business, learn something new. Do something crazy!
Like before, i put together these 10 super cool things you should do before you turn 50!
1. Take a Trip To An Exotic Island. There are lots of exotic islands out there. You could take a trip to any of the 16 most exotic islands destinations from the Maldives to Bora Bora in the French Polynesia to Seychelles, Palawan in the Philippines, Santorini in Greece, the Dominican Republic are all exotic islands with beautiful beaches to explore! Santorini and Punta Cana are a must for me!
Picture Credit: Royalton Punta Cana Resort
2. Have Sex On A Beach: Oh well, you are going to explore on an exotic beach. Take it up a notch by having sex on that beautiful beach. The experience should be out of the world! No! I don't. Want. To. Hear. About. It. Afterwards! Thank you.
Picture Credit: Pinterest
3. Learn A New Language: You know what they say. The day you stop learning is the day you start dying. Learning a new language at 50 is sure to give you that feeling of "i can do anything"! So go ahead and learn a new language. Hola, que tal?
4. Write A Journal: You have lived for 49 years plus! Write a journal and chronicle your thoughts and perceptions. You do not need to be a great writer to do that. Write down your life experiences, the crazy and naughty things you got up to. Who know? It might become a hit like the popular Grey series!
5. Go On A Cruise: Yes you heard me right. I know from all those travel coupons and TV shows you've seen with scenes from a luxury cruise ship with all those lights, gay laughter, beautiful people from all walks of life and oh all those fun activities onboard, appealed to you just like it did me. So go on a cruise before you turn 50 like i plan to do too! Here's a breathtaking picture to convince you!
Picture Credit: USA Today
6. Pay Off Your Debts: Yes shit is getting serious. While all work and no play, makes you a dull girl/boy, you still have to do the serious shit. If by 50, you are still owing debts (except credit facilities for running a profit making business), then you have been playing too much John! Pay off your debts by 50, so you can do all the fun things you want! It has a way of making the air seem fresher, feel lighter and gives a swag to your steps. Yes you are free. Of debts!
7. Commit To A Health Ritual: Ageing is a beautiful thing and no one should make you feel bad when those laugh lines start showing, wrinkles popping here and there etc. When we are ageing, our body's metabolism slows down so we have to adjust accordingly. That is why before you turn 50, you need a health ritual that will make you feel healthier. You could take up yoga, start a walking regimen or any other exercise regimen, register at a gym. Your body will thank you for it!
Picture Credit: Pinterest
8. Give. Back! There are lots of worthy causes out there you can lend your MM (muscle and money) to. Charity organisations abound that you can readily contribute to. Giving does not have to be in millions. It could be as simple as lending your muscle to that orphanage home or shelter home in your community, be a volunteer teacher at the local school, see a brilliant student through college. You shouldn't wait till you are 50 to give though. Giving should be a way of life for everyone. Young and old. The world needs love from each and everyone of us!
Picture Credit: gbss.org.uk via Pinterest
9. Own Your Own Business: Jennifer? John? Financial freedom should be at the top of your "To Do" list before turning 50. True wealth comes from being in business for yourself. A 9 to 5 job is simply for sustenance. Nothing else. The trick is discover your passion and turn it into a making money venture. Not at easy as it sounds bro but the reward is financial freedom. Who doesn't want that?!
10. Own A Home! Things don't get more serious than this! A roof over your head. Your. Own. Roof. Over. Your. Head is pure bliss. I tell you. This is top priority. Top on the list fam. Whatever you do, own a home before you clock 50. That's my dream house below! Oh well, my kitchen (yeah, i love getting dirty. In the kitchen). Use your imagination and you'll see how the rest of the house looks like. Yes i am modest like that lol.
Picture Credit: Pexels
And that is a wrap guys. You all know i love to hear from you. What would you like to do before you turn 50? Over 50? No worries. Let the younguns like us learn from your experiences by sharing them here!
You all, have a productive week!
To each, his/her own. That is why we all, are uniquely differentLove, Jennifer.