I love chewing gums a lot. It is a form of face exercise. Of course i didn’t know that initially lol! I just loved chewing it. The sugar free varieties like the popular orbit chewing gums with several flavours. Strawberry happens to be my favourite. So yesterday i came across a fact about chewing gums on Instagram while i was engaging that i never knew or even thought about. I thought to myself, there must be millions of amazing and interesting facts out there that we don’t know about!
Trust yours truly. I went all out to put together these 10 interesting super cool facts i bet you didn’t know about! I for one, i am blown away about most of them and i know you did be too!
Picture credit: Livingstrong
1. Chewing gum was invented by an Accountant! In 1928, Walter Diemer was working as an Accountant for Fleer Chewing gum company. He would play with recipes in his spare time. His last batch was less sticky than regular chewing gum and it stretched easily. His bubble gum was so successful, it sold over 1.5 million in the first year.
2. To produce a single pound of honey, a single bee will need to visit two million flowers!
Picture credit: Nestle Waters
3. A person can live without food for a month but for only about a week without water. If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty. If it’s reduced by 10%, you’ll die!
Picture credit: Pinterest
4. Human thighbones are stronger than concrete!
Picture credit: Pinterest
5. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools!
Picture Credit: Shutterstock
6. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire!
7. The words written on Twitter every day would fill a book of 10 million pages!
Picture credit: Shutterstock
8. The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime!
9. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing!
Hmmm! Really amazing facts… But how come my nose is still small 😄 ? Which means it was so small at birth? Well, I want to prove this fact : “6. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire!”
Thanks for keeping us busy with Inspiring-brillant piece…more powers to your elbow my darling sister.
You all like money! City, your nose must have been very small!
Jennifer, your articles are always informative. Thank you so much
How did they measure that 10 million pages of book for words on Twitter? 😂😂😂
Jon, please ask them on our behalf 😂😂😂
Thanks for the information.
You are welcome Jerry!
Wow! Nice one. I love the one that says If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire!😂
Lol. I know that’s what you’d like!
Nice. Very productive effort. You have one follower in me.
Wow…nice facts…didn’t know that about the eyes though…thank you.
I didn’t know too!