Journaling prompts for your best life, anyone?
Journaling and journaling prompts are fast becoming a thing with millennials and older people.
Even more so with women. Since I love sharing with all you queens, I have decided we should jump on the journal prompts ''bandwagon'' because I want us to live our best lives!
From a very young age, I started writing down my thoughts. Of course I didn't know that was a kind of journaling then. But, I was kind of a loner and different right from the bat so instead of talking, I would write on my notebook instead.
I had a notebook of poems and my thoughts as a teenager but I lost the notebook. It is one of the most devastating things that have ever happened to me.
Till date, I still mourn the loss of that notebook.
What I do remember vividly was a poem I wrote on loneliness. I think it would be from my first heart break hahahahaha.
But it was deep.
Another thing I remember from writing my thoughts and those poems from years ago is that it made me feel grounded and I think focused.
For years now, I haven't been writing down my thoughts but started again about two years ago.
And I am gradually getting my ''mojo'' back.
It'd be nice for you all to get your ''mojo'' back too!
Of course, we all don't have to be writers but then, journaling is like having very deep conversations with yourself.
Those kind of sober, no holds barred conversations you need to have with yourself to enable you live your best life.
It will also interest you to know that Oprah Winfrey built her billion dollar empire by journaling!
So What Are Journaling Prompts?
Table Of Contents
Journaling prompts are statements/questions which inspire and gives you an idea of what to write about an aspect of your life or your whole life even!
It is not so much about being a good writer but more of a prompt to help you outline an idea or a thought, in-depth by writing about it.
You see why I said you don't have to be a writer to make use of journal prompts or start your journaling journey?
Journal prompts can however also help beginner writers to master the art of writing.
So either way, it is a win-win thing.
A journal prompt will help you look deep inside yourself and put you on a path of self-discovery you wouldn't have initiated by ordinarily.
And this is the power of journal prompts. They set you on a path of discovery and this is one of the hallmarks of self-improvement and personal development.
Related: 20 Tips For Personal Development
When you find yourself "stucked", a journal prompt will help "unstuck" you
If you are looking to analyse your thoughts, feelings and emotions deeper, journal prompts will help.
These are some of the reasons you should start a journal and make use of journaling prompts.
There are lots of journal prompts out there. Personal growth journal prompts, journaling prompts for therapy, journaling prompts for mental health, journal prompts for self discovery, journaling prompts for depression, etc.
Journaling is thus simply writing down your thoughts, feelings and emotions to better understand them while journal prompts are statements or questions that ''prompts'' you to write.
What Are The Benefits Of Journaling/Benefits Of Writing In A Journal?
While we have all kept a diary at a time or two or even still presently doing it, a diary basically just documents the events of each day and do not create an avenue for a critical and deep insight into our emotions and feelings.
Dear diary, is our go to for gossips and what transpired for us on any given day but journaling is way different and far better.
Some of the benefits of journaling include but are not not limited to the following.
- One of the biggest benefits of journaling is that it has been proven to benefit our mental health. This is because it helps you gain control of your emotions.
- Journaling helps you to learn life lessons from your experiences.
- Journaling brings about creativity The more you write on your journal, the more creative, you become.
- As you journal, you grow. Your journal provides proof of that self-growth!
- Journaling helps with anxiety and depression because you get to write down your thoughts and feelings.
- Writing in your journal sharpens your memory. Your memory becomes more improved as you journal every day.
- Journaling helps you set goals and achieve them!
- Journaling also helps you to reduce stress.
- Journaling gives you the power to write down your ideas on the go!
- Journaling creates a great avenue to self-reflect
- Writing in your journal keeps you organized.
- And also, keeping and writing on a journal improves your writing skills!
77 Journaling Prompts For Your Best Life!
And now on to the epic 77 journaling prompts for your best life! I got you covered, queens!
- Write down the things that have made you smile this week. Yes, those little things you would have ordinarily forgotten! They are powerful!
- Write a letter to your younger self. See the one I wrote to myself here
- Write about your fears or your fear for something. Analyse why you the cause of the fear and then see how you can overcome fear
- Where do you see yourself in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, five years time? Remember SMART goals is the key.
- What would you tell your 18 year old self?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Who do you admire most in your circle and WHY do you admire them?
- What is the one thing you would change about your past and why?
- If you win a million dollars, what would you do with it? This was my own ''if I win a million dollars'' post
- Itemize the 5 most important things in your life right now and how they have impacted your life.
- Is there something you wish you have done? What is it and why do you wish you had done it?
- Who are the five most important persons in your life? Why these people?
- What are the things that make you angry, frustrated and unhappy? Why?
- What is the one event that changed your life? How did it change your life and how did you manage/cope with it?
- If you could be president for one day, what would you change in your country?
- What qualities in other people do you admire and how do you think you can also have those qualities if you don't already?
- What are those characteristics in other persons that annoy and bother you? What are you doing to ensure you don't possess and exhibit such qualities also?
- When was the last time you cried? What was it about and what did it teach you?
- When was the last time you really laughed? What did it teach you about life?
- A prompt for when you want to go to bed. Write about how you feel, what you are thinking before going to bed
21. Who do you appreciate most in your life at this moment? Write about them!
22. Write about your TRUE fashion style? (not the fashion trends we all seem to want to follow). Look in-depth. What do you feel most comfortable wearing, what fashion appeals to you and makes you feel beautiful inside and out? This will help you with cloth shopping and save you a ton of money!
23. Write about what you want your ideal life to be like? Then outline how you can work towards achieving it. Of course, you need to commit!
24. Write down your favourite quotes and then relate them to your life. How they inspire and motivate you.
25. We all have secret desires! Write about yours!
26. Write about the most outrageous thing you have ever done! What made you do it? What did it accomplish?
27. What is the worst thing you ever did? Why did you do it?
28. The most disappointing experience you have ever did.
29. The most surprising thing you have ever seen or heard.
30. What makes you feel guilty?
31. Write about the three things you want in your relationships. Platonic or otherwise
32. Three things you would love to do if not your fear
33. What is something you would have done differently after reflection?
34. What is the one thing you would have changed about how you conducted yourself during an altercation?
36. Write about 5, 10, 15, 20 activities that you love!
37. Your saddest memory
38. The best ten people in your life!
39. How do you deal or manage anger issues?
40. Why are you finding it hard to forgive that one person who hurt you so bad even though it was long ago?
41. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?
42. If you could choose anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?
43. What was the biggest mistake you made today?
44. What is the biggest mistake you made this week?
45. What is the one thing you'd like to change about profession?
46. What are some of the life lessons you have learned?
47. What is the most funniest thing you have ever seen?
48. Write about your failed relationships. Why do you think they failed and what can you do differently to avert any mistakes made during those relationships.
49. What is your wildest dream ever?!
50. What are the qualities you desire in a man?
51. What are those bad habits you indulge in? How can you stop them?
52. What are the good habits you would love to inculcate?
53. Take a look at all the apps in your mobile device? Which ones are helpful and which are not?
54. What is that one song that always inspires and motivates you in every way?
55. Make a list of everything you are absolutely great at and see if there are ways you can create a side hustle from them!
56. Write about good and bad childhood memories and how they may have shaped the adult you have become.
57. If you had the power, how would you make the world a better place to live in?
58. Write down the things you appreciate about your parents.
59. Write about the things you appreciate about your siblings
60. Write a letter to your future self
61, Where would you love to be in ten years?
62. What tickles your fancy?
63. What do you think about life itself?
64. What do you think about spending some alone time?
65. What would be your ideal getaway?
66. What are those things you are loving about your life right now? How do they make you feel?
67. Write about an experience that shook you so much so, you questioned your faith and how you found your way back to believing again.
68. Do you have a pet(s)? Write a letter to it/them.
69. What is that one thing you cannot forgive yourself for? Write about it and let it go!
70. Write that one thing you desire right now (a car, home, gadget) and use the law of attraction to manifest it.
71. What is the best advice you were ever given?
72. How would you improve the way you treat yourself?
73. What would you give to have a lost one back?
74. From this very moment, what are five things you are forward to most?
75. What would you do with a magic wand if you had one?
76. What is your dream career?
77. What is holding you back from living your dream life?
Here is a free PDF download of the 77 journaling prompts, queens. I told you all that I got you covered!
Don't forget to save these pins for later and also share the journal prompts using the social media icons below and don't forget to let me know in comment section, which are your favorite journaling prompts!
Here are my amazon picks for the best journals. Take a look and get yours now!